Firearm Transfer Procedure
You must be 18 or older to purchase long guns and 21 or older to purchase handguns. Check your local and state laws.
Federal firearm laws prevent Nashville Gun Shop from shipping firearms directly to individuals without a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL), however we can ship them to a FFL dealer.
In order to purchase your firearm and have us ship it, you must complete the steps listed below before we can process your order and ensure a trouble free transaction. 1. Complete your firearm purchase online. You will then receive an order confirmation e-mail with your order number.
2. Locate a FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. This can be a local Gun Shop, Pawn Shop, Gun Range or any other location that holds a current FFL and will help you with the transaction.
3. Contact your FFL dealer and tell them you would like to transfer a firearm from Nashville Gun Shop. This transaction and associated transfer fees, if any, are between you and the dealer.
• We do not contact the dealer to arrange a transfer.
• Some dealers charge a fee for a firearm transfer.
• You must confirm the transfer with your local dealer in advance.
• Making arrangements with a FFL dealer prior to placing your order will expedite the process.
4. Download, print and fill out our (include your order # on the form.) Then give it to your FFL dealer to mail or fax with their license.
• Keep all paperwork together in one envelope if possible.(mailing)
• Write your name and order number on any correspondence you send us.
5. Have your licensed firearm dealer mail, email, or fax a signed copy of their FFL and Nashville Gun Shop FFL
Transfer form to:
6. Nashville Gun SHop
1215 Antioch Pike
Nashville, TN 37211
Fax: (615) 781-8449
7. Once we have received a copy of your dealer’s signed FFL and completed Nashville Gun Shop FFL Transfer Form we will ship the firearm to the FFL dealer.
• Handguns must ship air freight due to shipping regulations.
• Long guns may ship ground instead of air freight.
8. We will send you an email with the tracking number when the firearm ships.
• We do not ship outside the United States.
• Firearms will not be shipped to any restricted locations.
9. Once your FFL dealer receives your firearm, they will perform your background check. You will then need to complete all the necessary paperwork and pick up your gun.
Write your name and order number on all correspondence with us.
10. If your 4473 (Firearm Transaction Record Part I - Over-the-Counter) is denied by TBI an appeal form should be filed. The only way we will complete the firearm transfer is if we receive an “Approved” message from TBI. If denied, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to have the firearm returned. Shipping fees will be responsibility of the purchaser. Any firearm left in our possession longer than 90 days from receipt will become store inventory and will be sold.